Monday, August 10, 2009


As some readers know, in addition to Mint News Blog, I run another coin related site at CoinUpdate.com. The site has traditionally provided a round up of coin collecting news from various sources around the internet. Today, I am announcing the expansion of the site to include a new section called Coin Update News.

This section provides expanded news coverage of US coins, world coins, and precious metals. In addition to standard news reports, many of the articles on the site will be written to provide unique opinions or perspectives on coins and the coin market. I just posted an article Coin Investing and Speculation, which examines factors which cause certain US Mint products to dramatically rise in value.

The site also includes "Coin Journals" which provide a format for individual collectors to share stories about their personal collections, insights and opinions on different coins, or share first hand experiences from coin related events or exhibits. I posted an article in the Coin Journals section on Bulgarian coins, sharing my observations on circulating coins an currency in Bulgaria after recently vacationing in the country.

While I have gotten the site a started with a few of my own articles, what I really want are articles contributed from individual collectors and coin dealers. I want the site to become a platform for showcasing unique individual perspectives and thoughtful original articles on coins and coin collecting.

Individual collectors and coin dealers are invited to write for Coin Update News. Collectors have a unique opportunity to share their insights or experiences with a board audience and earn money for their contributions. Coin dealers willing to contribute quality articles can gain valuable exposure for their business.

If you are interested in writing for Coin Update News or want to find out more, please contact me through the form on the Contributors page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment