Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I don't dream often. Or, as I was told, I dream all the time but I just don't remember them. But, when I do "remember" those dreams, they fall into two categories: recurring nightmares and incredibly surreal. While my recurring nightmares occur once in a blue moon, the incredibly surreal dreams usually happen after I eat some sort of food. I don't quite know what food helps trigger these dream states. But, I know it's going to happen when I get very tired, very quickly, and I have to just lay down and fall asleep. This is different from the "itis" which comes on slowly. I can resist that. I am talking about a "super-itis" that just puts me in this very "weakened" state.

And no. I was not high at any time. In fact, I haven't had any sweet marijuana in over four months.

So, today, I had this incredibly surreal dream. First of all, I ate a half plate of curry chicken, rice and peas, and plantain. I had to stop eating it because I found pork in it which is just unnecessary. Frankly, it's kind of gross. I laid down and wrapped myself in the comforter, snuggling up to my pillow, and just being easily taken away into dreamland.

In my dream, I wake up and I am tending to a marijuana plant. It's still pretty young and small. All I am doing is watering it with a nutrient solution (GH 3-part to be exact) and checking the leaves for any signs of damage. As I put it down, it starts to rumble lightly in my hand. I bring it back up to look at it closely and I notice the leaves start to grow quickly. Then, out of nowhere, it sprouts up about 3 feet with thick heavy buds. I don't quite know why it grew like that but I was very happy about it.

When I finally put it down, I noticed another small plant that I simply did not recognize. It was just a sprout in the dirt. But, it was in a plastic flower pot. I don't like plastic flower pots. So, I picked it up to inspect it. It didn't look like much. Once again just as I put it down, it began to grow quickly. Amazingly enough, it turned out to be a beautiful white rose which grew into an amazing white rose bush. So, I put the rose bush next to the mature marijuana plant, placed my hand on my knee, and just sat in confusion.

Then, I felt a rumble in my knee. I totally forgot about these fully grown plants and just looked at my knee half-knowing what to expect. It just looked a bit swollen but it stopped. But, my worry wasn't alleviated. Within minutes, my knee was rumbling again and started growing. It was as if the bone was sprouting more bone. Before I knew it, my knee was about six feet tall.

I woke up. I felt for my knee. It was normal. I checked the time. It was only two hours later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment