Friday, October 10, 2008

Personally, I am tired of politics and the economy. So, I haven't written much about either. Although, I still pay attention to the news and election, writing about it requires me to think about it. As long as I don't think about it, I can safely detox from all this madness. My mind at the moment is thoroughly simplified - vote Obama.

Although I won't think about economics, I noticed something very funny. "Noticing" doesn't take much thought right? I want to make sure I'm not breaking any of my own "rules" here. Anyway, why does the stock market crash only in October, so far?

Evidence:
  • Black Tuesday, October 29, 1929. The Great Depression.
  • Black Monday, October 19, 1987. No fancy name.
  • Black Friday, October 10, 2008. The Subprime Crash. (information pending)
On another note, why are the days always black? We could get into the whoooole racial discussion but it would require me to think, seriously at least, which I don't want to do. But, I think, lightly so, red would make a better color denotation. Since the stock market is crashing and losing money, indicating a negative trend, we're not technically in the black which would indicate a positive. We could say yellow representative of the scared investors who are pulling all of their money out of the stock market.

Ok, I am done.

Vote Obama/Biden '08

0 comments:

Post a Comment