Saturday, June 13, 2009


Some of you may remember a couple of months back, when the British Prime Minister paid a State visit to the United States, and how Barack Obama disrespected him by refusing to host a traditional State Dinner for the Prime Minister and his wife, and after receiving an expensive and historical gift from the Prime Minister, Obama returned the favor by presenting the Prime Minister with a 'cheap' stack of 25 DVD's (DVD's that wouldn't even work on DVD players in Great Britain) of what he considered to be classic American movies.

Well, after this despicable display of total ignorance of proper protocol, Glenn Beck asked all decent Americans to write to the British Ambassador, Sir Nigel Sheinwald, and apologize for our ignorant leaders lack of proper etiquette.

I answered that call and I had posted a piece on my blog, asking my readers to do likewise. This morning, I received a response from Sir Nigel Sheinwald and like a true statesman, Ambassador Sheinwald, although being thankful for the apology(gies) of American citizens, never once brought up or mentioned Obama's ill manners. Now that is a sign of a true statesman.

I have posted the response I received, below. I believe that if you click on the image, it may enlarge it for easier reading.





0 comments:

Post a Comment