Tuesday, May 5, 2009


It's my opinion that marijuana laws aren't going to change as drastically as necessary. I am bored and annoyed with the movement basically sneaking in on the backs of the sick through medical marijuana.

The fight for medical marijuana is not worth it in my opinion.

First of all, there's no honor is riding the backs of the sick. I believe sick people truly need marijuana to alleviate their pain and so on. But, I also believe that "medical marijuana" is just a dead end. In fact, I think it will be the reason marijuana will never get legalized. It's a compromise and that's the problem. We don't need a compromise, we need legalization.

Secondly, medical marijuana doesn't address the problems of police misconduct. Prohibition allows police to do anything with loose justification from murdering old church-going ladies in their homes to stealing from store owners based on falsified evidence. The police are corrupt and the only thing that's going to stop them is to take the power out of their hands to attack people who haven't done anything wrong by legalizing marijuana. The only question is whether or not they will get away with it. That all depends on who was there and who's willing to tell the truth.

Third, medical marijuana doesn't take money out of the hands of violent drug cartels. The drug trade is alive and well thanks to prohibition. The only way that will change is if this nation does the most intelligent thing which is to GIVE UP on failed policies and legalize marijuana as a start. Sure, the prohibitionists don't want to lose but they're too stupid to realize they're already losing. They'd rather bring the whole ship down than give in to something smart and intelligent.

Lastly, the current systems of medical marijuana don't do any favors for the terminally ill people that actually need it. The dispensaries, in my opinion, are breaking the backs of these people with prohibition level pricing which is sometimes higher than what you can get on the street. It's not fair that I can get an 1/8th (3.5g) of marijuana on the streets of NYC for $50 while some old lady with cancer has to spend $65 for that same amount. They should be paying far less but we won't achieve that fair pricing if marijuana is still illegal.

And, don't even come to me about quality. I've grown before. I know what to look for in quality bud. I practically walk with a microscope. Trust me, it's the same damn home grown run with the same lighting, nutrients, etc etc etc. The area you get marijuana from makes no difference anymore. It's all about WHO grows it. Whether it be outdoors in Humboldt County, in the swamps on Florida, the mountains of Appalachia or Australia, farm in Zimbabwe or Vietnam, or some small closet in New York City or Amsterdam, it's all about the grower.

With that said, I want to have more fun with marijuana and this blog. I want to address the marijuana culture directly. I'll continue to keep my eyes out for marijuana-related news. But, I don't think I'll be writing or commenting about another state that has or is considering medical marijuana or decriminalization.

If it ain't legalization, I don't care. It all just means that I am going to continue growing and teaching others how to grow until it is legal. That's the future of marijuana, folks - small, independent grow ops and co-ops. I will continue to communicate with growers all over the world, sharing seeds and knowledge and having fun doing it.

Welcome to my world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment