Sunday, December 21, 2008

TODAY'S GIGGLE:
The Hundred Dollar Bill

Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, an Honest Lawyer and an Old Drunk were walking along the street when they simultaneously spotted a hundred dollar bill laying in the street. WHO GETS IT?

The Old Drunk of course. The other three are mythological creatures!




"SORROWS COMPANION" by Cody Barley

I would like to share the following video with all of my blogger friends. I am only sorry that my sister wasn't sitting just a wee bit closer to the action when she filmed this.

First, let me explain a little about the video and the young man in it. Cody Barley is my 15 year-old grandnephew, my older sister's grandson. Cody is an aspiring musician. The photo below shows Cody, then 13 years-old, with one of his musical idols (and one of my former high school class mates) none other than Mr. Gap Mangione (I also had Gap's famous brother, Chuck Mangione, in my 10th grade art class. Gap had appeared live at a night club near Buffalo, NY and when Cody heard that Gap was going to be there, he begged my sister to take him, so both my sister and I took him and I talked Gap into having his pictire taken with Cody.

In the video, Cody took part in a musical recital in which he played a piano piece titled: "SORROWS COMPANION", which he composed himself. The recital was held at the FIRST UNIVERSALIST CHURCH located in downtown Rochester, NY this past September (2008).

I hope you enjoy the video.




0 comments:

Post a Comment