Sunday, December 14, 2008

Giggle for Today

The Sermon:

A visiting minister waxed eloquent during the offertory prayer. He began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face, "Without you we are but dust... “



He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter (who was listening) leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mom, what is butt dust?"









An Omen of Things to Come or Just a Bad Dream:



I don’t want to scare the pants off of anyone, but somehow I feel compelled to share the following with my readers.

For two nights in a row I have had the same dream with only very slight variations. In the dream, after Obama takes the ‘Oath of Office’, either on the night of his inauguration or shortly thereafter, there is a very serious incident that takes place and the first thing Obama does is to suspend the Constitution, and place the entire country under martial law.

In the dream, I had the unmistakable impression that the incident was manufactured and staged by the Obama administration solely for the purpose OF suspending the Constitution.

As unrest and sporadic violence began to spread and the financial situation worsened, Obama sent out the military to go door-to-door to confiscate, by force, peoples legally owned fire arms. This was then followed up by the arrest and detention of all those who spoke out in opposition to Obama, in the press, on T.V. or radio, and on the internet.

The scariest part of the dream, came when Obama ordered the formation of his ‘civilian defense’ squad (which he had talked about a couple of times during his campaign), and these squads went about rounding up all those whom Obama and his administration deemed as a drain on society, such as; the handicapped, the elderly, mentally impaired, and all those who were in prison.

From then on things seemed to get progressively worse, with people being euthanized in a wholesale fashion, and this whole scenario being repeated around the globe with other heads of state doing the same thing in their countries.

This dream then brought back to my mind the Hegelian Dialectic, which for those who may not remember, is a theory that says in order to take total control over a society or country, those in charge must first create a solution to a problem or situation that does not exist, then when the solution is in place, you then create or allow the problem or situation, for which you have created the solution, to take occur so that you can institute the solution.

Was this an omen of things to come, or just a bad dream caused by rather large peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I enjoyed just before going to bed? I hope and pray that it was the latter.

This morning had a conversation with a couple of people who attended my church service. We were talking about Obama and his involvement in the A.C.O.R.N scandals and the lawsuits that have been field against him concerning his citizenship status and possible constitutional ineligibility to hold the Office of President. One of the people told me that if I knew what was good for me, I should keep my mouth shut about those matters and any other matters that concern government corruption, because I couldn’t win. I asked that individual what was the worse they could do, kill me. She answered no; they could imprison you for the rest of your life.



That conversation got me to thinking, if people are so afraid to speak out against the evils and wrong doing on the part of those whom WE have elected to run our government, and if we have allowed ourselves to be cowed into not taking action to defend our rights and freedoms, then we have already lost and are no longer a free people.





0 comments:

Post a Comment