Monday, January 18, 2010

This is a plea from myself to Gilles Courteau, Commissioner of the QMJHL. My plea is simple: despite being a proud Canadian, I do not want to see a player who has worn the iconic red-and-white do something so blatently stupid and disgustingly vicious. I am, of course, talking about Patrice Cormier's sickening elbow thrown on Mikael Tam of the Quebec Remparts.

If you haven't seen the video, brace yourself. This one makes me ill.

If Michael Liambis' OHL career could be ended for his vicious hit on a player, this is one hit that should end Cormier's career with extreme prejudice. Cormier has developed a reputation for using his elbows to incapacitate players since the game against Sweden in the World Junior Championship exhibition games.

That's absolutely disgusting. And Cormier should pay for his lack of judgment by removing him from any scenario where he can throw an elbow.

Godspeed to Mikael Tam. I'm hoping he recovers with no lasting effects of a sickening display of stupidity.

Do the right thing, Mr. Courteau: end Patrice Cormier's junior career.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment